Author Topic: Anyone own NCS or AIA CAD Standard Guide/Manual ?  (Read 13653 times)

kentium3k

• Newt
  • Adopt a Greyhound! No, not a bus.
Re: Anyone own NCS or AIA CAD Standard Guide/Manual ?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »
How many people here have actually purchased a copy (or multiple seats) of the NCS or AIA or another published CAD standard?

I'm starting to write our company Standard Manual and I'm citing the NCS for a lot of things (some things we do different than the NCS, and I will not conform 100% to the NCS, as it overkills many things, as far as a firm like ours is concerned), and I'm wondering if I should keep a copy in the office since I'm citing it... or just take the citation out altogether.  I'm very hesitant to take out the citations.

Have any of your offices purchased a seat of any of these standards for use in the office?  Was it worth it?  It's $350 for the NCS.

If you don't have a copy of the NCS in your office what good does it do to reference it in your manual?

Yes we purchased it.  Yes it was worth it.
Prosperity is only an instrument to be used, not a deity to be worshiped. C. Coolidge

Josh Nieman

Re: Anyone own NCS or AIA CAD Standard Guide/Manual ?
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »
How many people here have actually purchased a copy (or multiple seats) of the NCS or AIA or another published CAD standard?

I'm starting to write our company Standard Manual and I'm citing the NCS for a lot of things (some things we do different than the NCS, and I will not conform 100% to the NCS, as it overkills many things, as far as a firm like ours is concerned), and I'm wondering if I should keep a copy in the office since I'm citing it... or just take the citation out altogether.  I'm very hesitant to take out the citations.

Have any of your offices purchased a seat of any of these standards for use in the office?  Was it worth it?  It's $350 for the NCS.

If you don't have a copy of the NCS in your office what good does it do to reference it in your manual?

Yes we purchased it.  Yes it was worth it.

I took out any references to external books/codes/whatever.  The manual is self-explanatory and it's goal is to be a one-stop-how-to.  I don't want to overcomplicate things for something that should be so simple.

What I'm talking about is stuff to expedite 3d modeling in ways that CADaver often laments.
Okay how do you think CADaver got there?

Erm... by hiring people who are full time developers, probably.