Author Topic: Rhinoceros 4?  (Read 1535 times)

Antisthenes

Rhinoceros 4?
« on: February 04, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
is anybody here using rhinoceros 4 and see and or use the potential of it?   

:lol: :-o  :kewl:  :lmao:  :roll:  :-D

my first post Hi everybody!

Josh Nieman

Re: Rhinoceros 4?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »
is anybody here using rhinoceros 4 and see and or use the potential of it?   

:lol: :-o  :kewl:  :lmao:  :roll:  :-D

my first post Hi everybody!

Rhino has served me very well in the past during my more graphical interest days when the only modeling I knew how to do was in Autocad.  I used Rhino to render a little more decently, though I never got my hands on Flamingo (are they still using that?)

I also tried to learn how to model using nurbs, but gave up.  It's too stupid.  I model real things, not globular alien testicals or naked women boobs...  I'll stick with solids modeling, thank you very much.

Anyways... depends on what you're doing.  Rhino is pretty sweet though.

Antisthenes

Re: Rhinoceros 4?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »
ya it can do solids+ ;)  wait till you see the power of the new cage edit, and history stuff

Rhinoceros creates so much better now than ever before, not that it always hasn't been stellar.

the thing that got me into using it back in 97 was that i could cut a solid with a surface and still explode the solid into surfaces, edit the surfaces, then match/rejoin into a solid for prototyping and analysis.

Now is is being used to replace autocad for me in architectural profession as well as well everything except the pixel pusher, OS, audio and video editing. 

Now with v4, the most significant Rhino release thus far, Rhino has stretched it's lead over the competition. Product designers will love the new variable fillet/blend tools and G-Infinity blending options. Architects and structural engineers will discover that the new 2D layout tools mean that there's less reason to switch to AutoCADŽ for 2D reference. The new deformation tools are ideal for jewellers and artists/sculptors and the advanced rendering support and improved workflow will benefit all users.
http://www.simplyrhino.com/products/rhino.html
contind...
Rhino is seeing an increasing uptake in the structural engineering market. Conceptual and spatial planning schemes can be developed quickly in three dimensions. As the project progresses and more detail needs to be added, Rhino has the accuracy and robustness required for large projects. The excellent import and export options ensure that Rhino is compatible with legacy 2D software such as illustrator and autocad :lmao:. The advent of v4 brings even more functionality tailored to the architectural studio - new 2D layout tools mean that both 3D models and 2D plans and elevations can be contained within the same document and there are many 'large project' enhancements that simplify model management.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:22:36 AM by Antisthenes »