Author Topic: ( C3D ) XML Reports, anybody?  (Read 9193 times)

sinc

Re: ( C3D ) XML Reports, anybody?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »
Sure.  Just keep in mind that I didn't actually edit these in the "correct" way.  I started changing them before I figured out how all the links to the RepGenSettings.xml were working, and I broke some of them.  Some of this stuff is now hard-coded the way I want it, rather than using the RepGenSettings.xml file the way it should.

If you have a text editor that will let you compare text files and highlight the differences, you can compare these files with the Autodesk-provided files to see what I changed.

I also did some more tweaks, e.g. bearings all get formatted using degree-min-sec symbols instead of hyphens.

MMccall

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »
Sweeeet.  Thank you very much for figuring this out and sharing your results.   For my use, the simple hard coded solution is fine.  I just really needed the bearings and delta shown correctly.

AllenJessup

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »
Autodesk is steering away from the use of XML reports and is encouraging VBA reports. Which probably explains the lack of documentation for the XML reports.

Damn.  I really hate VBA, but it seems like Autodesk wants us to use it for everything.  Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and start using it.

An interesting quote viewed from the viewpoint of 2011. Editing Parcel reports hasn't become any easier though.

Allen

sinc

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
We'd be interested in what you might desire by way of Parcel Reports.

The Sincpac-C3D already has some dynamic reporting commands that let you customize the data by turning columns on/off and dragging them into different orders, which allows them to create a wide variety of reports with no custom programming.  But currently, they're mostly for Cogo Points and Alignments/Profiles.  We've gotten a couple of requests to expand the reporting to include Parcel reporting, so we're interested in what sort of reports people would find most useful.