Author Topic: VBA AND LISP - Introduction  (Read 18643 times)

SMadsen

VBA AND LISP - Introduction
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 01:45:32 PM »
Oops, MY neighborhood, that is! Duh

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 02:05:08 PM »
w00t! Free Beer!

Im a wuss when it comes to beer now-a-days. I had a few beers a couple of weeks ago and i ended up with a hangover. ...An I only had three beers too! :? :lol:
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

SMadsen

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2003, 02:33:28 PM »
Wuss!

erhmmm, kegs you mean? 3 kegs?

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2003, 03:22:04 PM »
lmao   :shock:  ...Ummm, yeah. (Did i say beers?! I ment Kegs!)
 :roll:
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

CB_Cal_UK

Thanks!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 11:39:25 AM »
A big 'Thanks' to all for your help and comments  :!:

I checked out Stigs AutoLISP primer and thought it was great. Very well written and definitely catering for the beginner, it didn't gloss over the really important parts or assume any prior programming knowledge which is refreshing.

As I read through some of the code extracts I can kind of see the outline of what the routine is supposed to do (It's like the 80/20 rule. 80% of it's straightforward it's the difficult to understand 20% that makes the routine workable!)

I especially found CAB's step by step logic useful. Just about everyone here is fluent in 'thinking' in AutoCAD even if we're not familiar with programming. If you guys could outline the actual AutoCAD steps you are trying to achieve with the code it would certainly make it more understandable.

I especially like the sound of a 'training' forum to go through little bits of code. Already on this site we've seen you 'Lisp Hackers' come to the rescue of several people who've had trouble creating routines.

I know Se7en got upset with people using him as a resource for all their coding needs and I'd like to think any 'training' forum would be grateful for all the expertise the great people on this site have. It could be a kind of pre-school for all those of us who want to join in on the VLisp Hacker topics but are totally out of our depth :!:

Anyway. Thanks again  :D

Chris

SMadsen

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 12:25:05 PM »
CB_Cal_UK, thanks for your kind words on my small texts. Glad you could use it.

A distinct training forum is perhaps a wee bit over the edge. It's up to the individual user here to get involved in a thread or not, while a training forum more or less should have a faculty - which is maybe a little off from the purpose or general idea of a forum like this.

What I had in mind was just another thread where we could work towards a small area routine and maybe learn something in the process.

This could be an outline of a call to such a thing:

Command: PAREA (or whatever)
Specify first point or [Select] <Select>:
Specify next point:
Specify insertion point or [?/Options/Select] <Select>:

And pling! The area (either by picked points or selecting an existing pline) would be inserted as an attributed block.

CB_Cal_UK

The Missing Link . . .
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 08:52:19 AM »
Quote from: SMadsen
Kenny does have a great tutorial about labelling areas at http://www.afralisp.com/lisp/area.htm. Go read it, please. Go... Shoo! It's good stuff!

Stig,

Followed your orders and went to read it straight away! but the link is broken! Can you re-post please?

Chris

SMadsen

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2003, 08:58:56 AM »
Oops, a period got into that url somehow. Just remove the period:
http://www.afralisp.com/lisp/area.htm

hendie

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2003, 08:59:57 AM »
try http://www.afralisp.com/lisp/area.htm ~ I think Stig had a misplaced period at the end of the url

hendie

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2003, 09:01:01 AM »
that's just great

now my post looks stoopid !  :(
(Stig beat me to it by a millisecond)