Author Topic: 2d elevation styles  (Read 3669 times)

daron

2d elevation styles
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
When setting these up, I have doors and windows that I want to display a certain color. I set the components to reflect the color, but how do I tell the doors etc. that they are part of the doors components when the elevation is being generated, so I don't have to edit them to make it look right? The problem I'm having is when the client changes a door type or width, the editing I did previously sticks around and the new elevation needs to be changed to show properly. I'm sick of editing what should be automatic.

Thanks

daron

Re: 2d elevation styles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »
Don't you love when you ask a question only to realize that you found the answer by doing so. It was simple and I'll post it so anyone else who may want to know can move forward in experimentation with elevations in ADT. Under the objects style "display properties" there are different "fields" <- for lack of a better term. These fields are Plan(s), Reflected(s), Model, Elevation, etc. If you change the colors under elevation and model, your elevations will come out with the specified colors. If you want them to display at different elevational divisions, you set up rules for these objects between divisions. Yes, there's a lot more to it, but that should give anyone interested a start in the right direction. I hope we can get more people using ADT for more than just drawing "walls, windows, & doors".