Author Topic: xref help  (Read 3680 times)

sam51032003

xref help
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »
ok this one is a little odd.

i have a xref on a dwg that i didnt create that all i need to do is update my GA's. so i just want the info off or it. well here is the kicker the other ppl that work here wont let me access the xfes and there are 3d. i want to take the xref and make it part of the dwg. this would help me on many prodjeces if i could do this. now this is not a bind i need it to be a block or somthing anything that i can use for my dwg.

thank
squishy

hudster

• Gator
Re: xref help
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »
if it's an xref, you should leave it as such, it can still be a part of your drawing, but if you bind it, it becomes a block and won't be updated if the original drawing is changed.

Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:20:32 AM »
You can bind it as a block.  If you do this, then I would do a save as, so you don't mess up your production drawing.

Also, if you can access it as an xref, then you can find the path, and insert it as a block, or copy it to your local hard drive and save it there.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

sam51032003

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
Well if i could tap the xref this wouldnt be a problem. i am tying to make my owne drawing and i just want to overlay there ga on the back of my dwg to i dont have to redraw it. i tryed to bind it but it didnt make it a block it just atached it to the dwg and made it to even harder to get anywhere with it.

and yes i know to make my owne rev for somthing like this so i dont f up the origanal.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »
When you bind the xref in the manager you should get a dialog box that lets you select the type you want.

If you are doing it from the command line, then you will have to change the system variable 'bindtype'.  If 'bindtype' = 1, then it will bind as an insert, if it is 0, then it will bind as a bind.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.