Author Topic: ( C3D ) Slow FBK import when Survey Database is on network drive  (Read 1818 times)

sinc

( C3D ) Slow FBK import when Survey Database is on network drive
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
Has anyone else noticed this?

If I have the survey database on a local drive on my machine, the FBK import goes pretty fast.  If the Survey Database is on the network drive, the FBK import slows wwwwaaaaaayyyyy down, taking a good 5x as long.

We have Gigabit ethernet, which should be faster than the drive can write (and the network seems to perform well for everything else).  I tried completely disabling all virus protection on both machines, just to make sure that wasn't interfering.  But still I get incredibly slow FBK imports.

sinc

Re: ( C3D ) Slow FBK import when Survey Database is on network drive
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:40:49 PM »
I also notice that XML export is very slow when the XML file is being created on a remote drive.

For example, in one project, I can export the XML to a file on the local machine and it takes less than half a second.  When I export the XML to a file on the server, it takes 12 seconds.

I have completely disabled all virus scanning on both machines, just to make absolutely sure that isn't the problem.  We have Gigabit ethernet and a server with RAID, and normally it is INCREDIBLY fast.  But not with certain C3D commands...   :-(