Author Topic: Individual viewport LTscale?  (Read 6123 times)

Individual viewport LTscale?
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:29:38 PM »
Is it possible to set a different LTSCALE to various viewports within the same drawing / same layout tab?  If so, would you mind sharing??!?

Thanks in advance.

Dinosaur

Re: Individual viewport LTscale?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 02:33:11 PM »
Set your overall drawiing LTScale to "1" and set the PSLTScale for each viewport to "1".  This will display the linetypes for every sacle viewport the same.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
Set your overall drawiing LTScale to "1" and set the PSLTScale for each viewport to "1".  This will display the linetypes for every sacle viewport the same.

No sh**.... I never knew that.  Well I guess you DO learn something new every day.

Thanks.

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:50:46 PM »
As another option you can select the viewport and change it in the properties box (however I wouldn't recommend this method).

t-bear

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:46:16 AM »
As another option you can select the viewport and change it in the properties box (however I wouldn't recommend this method).
And why is that?  I'm not doubting you....just wondering what the downside/ results would be.........

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »

You can change the LTscale of a viewport via the properties dialog box?  And it doesn't affect the overall drawing LTscale?  Hmmm... When did Autodesk implement that?  Is it new??   I'll have to mess around with it.

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
I just tried it and although the setting is available, there was no effect on the displayed line types regardless of the ltscale and psltscale settings.  I don't know what this does unless it changes the ltscale of the viewport boundary itself.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:13:32 AM »
I just tried it and although the setting is available, there was no effect on the displayed line types regardless of the ltscale and psltscale settings.  I don't know what this does unless it changes the ltscale of the viewport boundary itself.

I noticed the same thing... nothing.
It appears that only changes the ltscale (or CELTSCALE) of the viewport linework.   *sigh*

Give it a shot... type CELTSCALE, then change it to, say, 0.25, then create a viewport.  Click on the new viewport and check out the ltscale of it.  It'll show up as 0.25.

Dave R

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 01:24:40 PM »
CELTSCALE stands for Current Entity LineType Scale and only affects the currently selected entites. If you select a viewport and change it's CELTSCALE nothing will happen to the contents of the viewport, because you are only affecting the LineType Scale of the viewport object itself. Now if you change the viewport to a dashed line and mess with its CELTSCALE you'll see something happen.

I noticed the same thing... nothing.
It appears that only changes the ltscale (or CELTSCALE) of the viewport linework.   *sigh*

Give it a shot... type CELTSCALE, then change it to, say, 0.25, then create a viewport.  Click on the new viewport and check out the ltscale of it.  It'll show up as 0.25.

CADaver

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 01:31:14 PM »
AutoCAD R2008

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »
CELTSCALE stands for Current Entity LineType Scale and only affects the currently selected entites. If you select a viewport and change it's CELTSCALE nothing will happen to the contents of the viewport, because you are only affecting the LineType Scale of the viewport object itself.
I know... I just wanted to verify that that was indeed what was happening.

Now if you change the viewport to a dashed line and mess with its CELTSCALE you'll see something happen.
I tried that.... didn't see any changes to the VP line.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »
AutoCAD R2008
Whaaaa???   :-o  I just got 2007 installed!

CADaver

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 06:03:06 PM »
AutoCAD R2008
Whaaaa???   :-o  I just got 2007 installed!
Supposedly beta testing is underway.