Author Topic: Recommendation from Microsoft  (Read 2365 times)

sinc

Recommendation from Microsoft
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:34:50 PM »
I just had a Civil-3D crash, and got the following error report from Windows XP:    :-D

Error caused by AutoCAD Release 14: no specific solution available

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in AutoCAD Release 14. This software was created by Autodesk, Inc..

Recommendation

Microsoft has researched this problem with Autodesk, Inc., and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a recommendation to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Contact Autodesk, Inc. for support or product updates.

Additional information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for AutoCAD Release 14, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from Autodesk, Inc..

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Recommendation from Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »
And like so many others, it's oh so helpful ... *sigh*
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dent Cermak

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »
Well, take AutoCad 14 off the computer. You've got Civil 3d, you don't need 14 anymore. What do youj mean you don't have 14 loaded. Microsoft is NEVER wrong!! Now let's all switch over to IE7 and watch the fun!! :evil:

sinc

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »
Well, take AutoCad 14 off the computer. You've got Civil 3d, you don't need 14 anymore. What do youj mean you don't have 14 loaded. Microsoft is NEVER wrong!! Now let's all switch over to IE7 and watch the fun!! :evil:

Actually, I suspect Microsoft got it right, and I found a bug that's existed in Autocad since R14.  There's a lot of that sort of thing in Autocad, you know...  Autodesk seems to feel that, as long as they file a KB article on something, they don't really need to fix it...   :-P