Author Topic: ( C3D ) Points and Elevations - how to...?  (Read 18885 times)

sinc

Re: ( C3D ) Points and Elevations - how to...?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »
New version.  This version tags vertex points as GB, AP, PC, PCC, or PRC, as appropriate.  This means that if you then use the stored points to create cut sheet reports, the point descriptions in the cut sheets will also contain the additional tag.  It also makes things like PCCs and GBs jump out.

There are also some additional options.  You can now toggle it, so that it sets points at even intervals in each segment, or you can set it so that it sets points on even stations, as in your (Jeff's) original Lisp version.  The option to "force midpoints" is only available when evenly-spaced points are being set.

There is also now an option to set radius points on both sides of the line.  If this option is set to false, then radius points will only be set if they fall on the same side as the offset stakes.

sinc

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »
OK, this version seems to be working well enough for now.  I improved the prompting.  At some point, I'll probably change it again, so that all the configurations come up in a single GUI window.  It's gotten a fair number of options, and it would probably be easier to change the options in a GUI rather than cycle through them all in the command line.  But I think I'm happy with it for the time being, and will move on to other tasks.

I also cleaned up the code a bit, refactoring it into the start of an Autocad-C#.Net utility library.

sinc

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »
This routine has undergone another significant revision.  The "new and improved" version of this routine is now available at:

http://www.ejsurveying.com/sincpacc3d.htm

Any further changes will also be posted to the same place, so this link should always yield the most-recent version.