Author Topic: (C3D) Profile Offset Problem  (Read 2337 times)

Ken

(C3D) Profile Offset Problem
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:00:56 PM »
Is anybody else having this problem?

I have put profile Offsets on 4 different profiles and they came in just fine. Now, I'm trying to add them to other profiles and no matter what I do when I try to create an Offset, it shows up in my dialog box, but has a Station of 0+00 to 0+00, so nothing shows up in the profile. I've done everything I can think of, even picking new start and stop stations manually, but when I hit the ADD button, it still shows up as 0+00 to 0+00. I've tried other profiles and still same result. I've done the usual shut down and reboot also.

Any ideas as to what's happening and is there anything I can do to fix it.

Ken

Ken

Re: (C3D) Profile Offset Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »
Of course, as soon as I ask about a problem, it goes away. I just went back into the same drawing to try it one more time and guess what ... this time it worked. Didn't change or do anything different, this time it just worked.

I'd still like to know if anybody knows the cause or if it's just one of those C3d things that happens sometimes.

Ken

Lin-Z

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:58 PM »
Not sure if it applies to creating profiles but I've found Object Grouping plays havoc with the moving and copying of other C3D objects like alignments and surfaces. 

Ken

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
Lin-Z,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that's the problem because I haven't moved anything that I think should effect a profile view.

I have also found out that it is in fact certain profiles that will not accept anything but 0+00 to 0+00 for Offset stationing. Most of my profiles work just great for Offsets, but a couple will not work properly. I'm still trying to figure out if it's something I've done with those profiles that is causing a problem or just a bug!

Ken