Author Topic: Civil Design Question  (Read 4713 times)

caddman

Civil Design Question
« on: May 06, 2004, 09:28:43 AM »
How do you modify a profile definition once it's created w/o having to redefine the profile?

Example: I created a full profile with finish grade centerline defined & want to move it to a new location. When i do it retains it's previous definition & throws off the elev's & stations. I turned on "attdisp" & moved the attribute located in the lower left corner of the profile grid along with the grid & centerline & it's still recognizing it's previous location.

Is there a command to update the profile definition to it's new location?

Anonymous

Civil Design Question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 08:57:42 AM »
Type in  the command "Battman" at the autocad command prompt and select the block named pro_def2 (xs_def2 for cross sections) and then make on or more of the attributes visible.

Then zoom in to the bottom left corner of the profile block, you'll see a small block with attributes, this block is how Land knows where your profile is and all of its settings, datum, precision, etc.

If you move your profile and this block at the same time, you will be able to move your profile wherever you want to and it function correctly as if you placed it there in the begining. This also works for Cross Sections by using the xs_def2 block.

Hope this helps!

caddman

Civil Design Question
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 01:14:51 PM »
Thanks so much! That work to perfection