Author Topic: One View Port in my DWG won't Cooperate...  (Read 6354 times)

pochrist

One View Port in my DWG won't Cooperate...
« on: April 03, 2004, 11:29:14 PM »
I have a drawing that has multiple View ports, I used Multiblocks and AEC Elevations / Sections. When I plot the DWG the same Viewport will always plot with a "0" / light line thickness. If I turn on the LWT button (at the bottom of the Acad window) it will display the Line thicnkess fine but will still plot "lightly" I'm baffled the object is a Multiview block in a 3D South east view (useing a Named View). All the other Viewports plot fine. Now I know it's not the Plotter. I Started a New DWG, I imported the Named view, I even put a couple of 3D solids and 2D objects in the new Dwg and then I did a copy-paste with a base point of the Mutli view block and put it in the New drawing, Created few new view ports in a layout tab and displayed all my new objects in one Viewport and made a new Viewport for the Copied Mutli view block, activated the named view and it plotted - Perfect, the Line thickess were exactly what I was supposed be getting from the other Dwg. I tried few differn't times to fix the Viewport problem in the 1st drawing I created: I made a new Named View, New Viewport, I even checked the Style Manager and the View port is set to "System Default" in both the old and New drawing (changing the View "Style" had no effect) - Yet the New Dwg is plotting it fine. I didn't put this post this in the "Plotting Newsgroup" because the problem isn't with a plotter but with a Drawing and a Viewport. Has any one seen this before? TIA

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 10:11:18 AM »
Well, actually the only thing close I have seen is the shademode of the viewport. It does some strange things if it is set to anythig other than 2d.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

pochrist

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 09:01:33 AM »
Thanks for the Advice unfortunatly that did not fix the issue, I may have to try to reconstrct the dwg in a blank dwg in order to fix this problem.

pochrist

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 09:04:59 AM »
****Update****

I did narrow down who may be the cause, I have a
2nd Layout in the drawing and in it I displayed 3 details, (1) is and AEC Section and (2) copied, exploded and modified version of the same detail. If I delete all of them (the details, not the layout) and purge the drawing, the problem with the View port line thickness goes away. I tried just deleting just the AEC Section or just the Exploded - Modfied versions, but the problem persists unless ALL have been removed. I'm baffled as to why these objects are causing the problem - none of the objects apear in the Problem view port (Frozen thowed or otherwise. Hopefully some one can glean from this the reason for this anomally. TIA