Author Topic: (Microstation) scaling text and dims in V8  (Read 2513 times)

kindra

(Microstation) scaling text and dims in V8
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:46 AM »
Okay, I'm having issues with my MicroStation. Before our CADD manager left, he showed us this nifty trick regarding text and dimensions that, when properly set up, makes it possible to change the scaling of all text/dims in the design file just by changing the scale in the anno lock toolbar. Now it's been three months since he left, and I can't remember how he did it! Can anybody talk me through this?

Arizona

Re: scaling text and dims in V8
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
The Match Dimension Settings tool now has a setting that lets you match the annotation scale of the selected dimension element. When the Match Annotation Scale setting is enabled, it modifies the annotation scale for the model to that of the selected dimension element. At the same time it checks and, if necessary, turns on Annotation Scale lock.

Once the Annotation Scale has been modified, you then can use the Change Dimension tool, with Annotation Scale lock turned on, to modify other dimension elements to match the new annotation scale.

A similar setting, Match Annotation Scale, is available for the Match Text Attributes tool. Additionally, the Change Text Attributes tool now has annotation scale settings that let you change, remove, or add, annotation scale for existing text elements.

kindra

Re: scaling text and dims in V8
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »
Thanks, AZ. Where is this magical tool located?