Author Topic: SincPac Land/Civil Extensions  (Read 2031 times)

sinc

SincPac Land/Civil Extensions
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »
I have uploaded a collection of Land Desktop/Civil Design extensions to the Lilly Pond.  These extensions are designed primarily with the surveyor in mind.

A synopsis:
  • Identify elevations of selected points, based on an alignment FG profile and optional cross-slope.
  • Datum-adjust existing Cogo points based on an existing surface, a FG profile, a FG profile with changing cross-slope (super-elevation), or straight-grade between selected points.
  • Create graded offset points from 2D linework and spot elevations.  Creates Cogo points that are evenly-spaced between horizontal and vertical breaks, as well as optional radius points for arcs and arc segments in polylines.
  • Create lines on evenly-spaced stations along an alignment.
  • A command that functions much like the DISTANCE command, but gives information more useful to civil engineers and surveyors.
  • A command that displays the current zoom factor of one or more viewports in decimal form, then lets you change it by keying in a decimal value.

As a bonus, the routines remember your Current Surface, Alignment, and FG Profile, even when you closed down and reopen the drawing.  Commands feature integrated help.

Enjoy!

sinc

Re: SincPac Land/Civil Extensions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »
Wouldn't you know it, there was a little bug in the PTINV command, introduced at the last minute.  Figures.

When using an existing surface, it erroneously used the Datum Adjustment value from the other routines.

I uploaded a patched version - it's the "SincPac v1.00a" version.  Evidently, I can't delete files from the Lilly Pad...?  So the original is still there, too.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing, looks very useful.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

sinc

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »
These routines have been updated for Land Desktop 2007.

I also made the Help available on-line, so you can see what it does without downloading it.

The code might also be instructive to prospective Lispers.  It's kind of a mess - I did it ad hoc as I was learning Lisp, and never had time to clean it up.  But it shows how to access many pieces of Land Desktop.