Author Topic: ( C3D ) Point selection  (Read 2180 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
( C3D ) Point selection
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »
Does this happen to you on C3D '07? When I select a single point, say to drag the text label out of the way, all the points are highlighted, not selected per se. Tapping esc will de-select the point, no grips. The other day this happend and when I went to erase the selected point it took all of them. oop's

While we're on the subject of points, why does the program freeze for several seconds when you move a point by selecting one of the grips? Does it have something to do with the fact that they're all dynamic blocks is some group container object? In '07 it seems to be better, but not by much.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

Re: ( C3D ) Point selection
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:54:47 PM »
Does this happen to you on C3D '07? When I select a single point, say to drag the text label out of the way, all the points are highlighted, not selected per se. Tapping esc will de-select the point, no grips. The other day this happend and when I went to erase the selected point it took all of them. oop's
Yes, they want to act as a group, esp. when you click on a label.  It is also easy to MOVE or COPY a whole group.  I keep my properties dialog open at all times and check for what type of object is selected before I initiate the command.

While we're on the subject of points, why does the program freeze for several seconds when you move a point by selecting one of the grips? Does it have something to do with the fact that they're all dynamic blocks is some group container object? In '07 it seems to be better, but not by much.
Are these points part of a surface definition?  If so, you are waiting for the program to rebuild your surface.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: ( C3D ) Point selection
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
Are these points part of a surface definition?

No sir, just plain ol' points.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)