Author Topic: Multiple users crashing ADT07  (Read 1827 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Multiple users crashing ADT07
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »
I have 4 users crashing ADT 2007 when the plot is invoked.  No Dialog comes up.  Sometimes you get a message say fatal error.  Some times it crashes like turning off a light switch.  (now you see autocad - now you don't.). It crashes very quickly after you hit enter (or clicking).  I can plot from ADT 2005 no problem.  Other Window Apps seem unaffected.

Any Ideas??
One guess over here is that a Microsoft update change something  ??????????????
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

deegeecees

Re: Multiple users crashing ADT07
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:13:26 PM »
This only happens when a "Plot" command is issued?

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »
Yes, nothing else seems to be affected.

Tracking another issue.  Plot Sytles are located on the sever and the local machine has a shortcut that points to them.  I am waiting for an archtect to get off the dam phone so I can look at his machine.  Apparently he changed on how I set up his machine.   :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:  But this case it is actually work in his cause. - he is aginst putting stuff like plot styles on the server.

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:35:15 PM »
I'd look into Add A New Plottter and direct it towards the same plotter, but give it a different name. If it doesn't crash AutoCAD when you plot to it, then you've narrowed down the search to your old (current) plot configuration. If you've got any applications that use the old (current) plotter configuration that may cause a search and replace headache, just delete the old (current) one, and rename the new one (assuming it works) to the old name.

Just a shot in the dark.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:53:20 PM »
I'd look into Add A New Plottter and direct it towards the same plotter, but give it a different name. If it doesn't crash AutoCAD when you plot to it, then you've narrowed down the search to your old (current) plot configuration. If you've got any applications that use the old (current) plotter configuration that may cause a search and replace headache, just delete the old (current) one, and rename the new one (assuming it works) to the old name.

Just a shot in the dark.

Well I tried the deleting the spoolsv.exe file in task manager to no avail. 

The Architect uses a laptop whereas everyone else are on workstations

I will try add a new plotter but i dont think that is an issue.  Just an feeling and I could be wrong.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »

Just a shot in the dark.

It did not work.
I deleted the shortcuts and still crashed.  I having the sever rebooted tonight after some people leave.  I alot of chaos is happening in the office right, people can print using ADT 2005 so I will wait. 

The IT Wit is telling me to reinstall ADT 2007.  Somedays I want to strangle him.   :pissed:
And thank god the "office whinner" is out sick today.