Author Topic: Reappearing Layers - NOT needed  (Read 8380 times)

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
Reappearing Layers - NOT needed
« on: April 29, 2004, 03:36:48 PM »
Every time I open a drawing in LDD it inserts the following layers TEXTS, TEXTM, & TEXTL. We don't use these layers and do not want them in our drawings for the project I'm working on. My need is to find out what setting is placing them in the drawing so that it can be changed for this project. :?

BTW, AutoCAD 2002, LDD3

Any help or suggestions would be great.
I drink beer and I know things....

hyposmurf

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 04:21:18 PM »
Maybe they are saved inside your default template drawing that opens every time(Drawing 1).

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 05:35:57 PM »
Nope, checked that first. :)

These layers are being created in existing drawings when they are being edited (not new drawings), for example when being opened or changing from mspace to pspace. :roll:

Dent Cermak

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 07:12:50 PM »
Those thengs have been there since Softdesk 6 and there is no way to get rid of them. They are part of the load sequence of LDD. You would have to modify parts of the program that are not accessable by the user. You just have to learn to live with them, but they are just SO stupid!

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 07:29:35 PM »
I know they’ve been around for a long time, and I thought at sometime during the last few years you could setup certain layers to be the default. Those layers names are realy familiar, some documentation that I've read and now need a real whack upside the head to remember.

BTW, Dent are those real medals, in your picture? There are quite a few people gettin' caught fer bein' impersonators lately. If they are real, and I'm sure they are GOOD for you. :D

t-bear

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 08:36:42 PM »
Ywp... them's Dent's boyscout merit badges all right. Ain't nuttin phoney 'bout our Dentster......

Dent Cermak

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 09:23:28 PM »
Those are not "Kerry" medals. All are real. Note the oak leaf clusters on several indicating multiple awards. "Course some of them are "overseas" ribbons.   5 GLORIOUS trips to Germany !! They range from the National Defence Service medal (aka known as th 'Fire Guard Ribbon") to 4 Army Commendation Medals. Hey, you put in 24 years, you're going to get a medal for something! The law of averages always prevails. I even got a "longevity" medal. I had to leave the service due to illness. They got sick of me.  :oops: My sense of humor worked well with the troops but the COMMANDERS couldn't cope with it. I always felt that I made Staff Meetings "interesting"   :twisted:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 06:21:21 AM »
Dent, you sure make this forum interesting....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »
Hey guys, I found this on the Autodesk help pages for LDD:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk

Sorry the link didn't work.

What I did was go to the Support Knowledge Base and the enter the names of the layers. I was then shown this article "Deleting the Textl, Textm, Texts layers" ID: TS27015.

It took care of my problem, basically you need to edit the following lines in the zzsdesk.ly file.

User text (small),TEXTS,TEXTS,1,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,1
User text (medium),TEXTM,TEXTM,2,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,1
User text (large),TEXTL,TEXTL,3,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,1

Change them to look like this:

User text (small),TEXTS,TEXTS,1,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,0
User text (medium),TEXTM,TEXTM,2,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,0
User text (large),TEXTL,TEXTL,3,CONTINUOUS,1,1,1,1,0

The 0 or 1 on the end controls an "Autocreate" for these layers.

Thanks for all the help and comments :D  :D

Dent Cermak

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 10:30:20 PM »
I had read about that before. i tried it and it didn't work. This time it did. :dood: And you KNOW it CAN'T be taht I did itwrong last time. :crazy: Old dog, new trick. :fart:

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 03:40:02 PM »
Glad to be of assistance Dent. I'll put it on your account. :mrgreen:  :twisted:

sinc

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 10:20:29 AM »
They must've changed this in LDD4.  I haven't ever had that problem, and didn't have to edit any files.

Now the only problem is AutoCAD seems to automatically create that ADCADD_ZZ block (apparently for backward-compatability with old Softdesk routines) on the current layer.  This can make it impossible to purge the layer later (well, until you erase the invisible ADCADD_ZZ block or move it to another layer), and not obvious why; it can also lead to a lot of unnecessary "Redefinition of block ADCADD_ZZ ignored" messages if you use point description keys with symbols.  This is probably a bug on AutoDesk's part; if they want to maintain backward compatability by creating this block in every drawing, then it should always be created on the 0 layer, and it should be immune from insertion into other drawings.