Author Topic: Stuck with older version. Where can I find Help?  (Read 1792 times)

tazzvon

Stuck with older version. Where can I find Help?
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »
I am stuck with LDD 3 (2000) and civil design 3.0 as my company will not upgrade. I am looking for some help from anyone who has used the pipes portion of Civil Design 3.0. I am trying to use it to design water, sewer and storm systems within a subdivision design and I keep hitting road blocks with things it doesn't seem to want to do. Is this a useless portion of the Civil Design package or can anyone help me.
I have problems when i try to run the storm system on a loop subdivision. what I mean is, on a loop subdivision the centerline road alignment intersection is itself. I end up with a manhole at the intersection which is forced onto the end of the alignment. Where this really causes a problem is in the profile drawing since the manhole shows up at station 28+76 yet is also located at station 9+00. when it draws the pipes in it runs a pipe from the manhole at 10+00 all the way to the manhole at 28+76 then back to the manhole at 7+00. this is bad. If anyone vaguely understands what i am trying to do and a solution to my problem or maybe needs a little more explanation, PLEASE help. I would hate to think Autodesk put out a program with useless sections to it.
Thanks for the help.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Stuck with older version. Where can I find Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »
Ia going to suggest the following 'workaround' the sewer go-round that you describe.
as I understand it your system loops back onto its' self.
So, I suggest you define the run not as a loop, but as a branching Y.
Let the main run come up the road and take a right., then define another run that goes away and meets back in at a common up stream manhole.

When it comes time to draft the plan and profiles you are going to have two each structures and label's at these 'overlapping' manholes (structures).  You will need to 'cycle' through these entries and delete the duplicate/overlapping station and structure labels and structures. This is a known issue with pipes and will want you to get your design as correct as possible such that you are not performing this part of the task too frequently. If however you are good with MAP, use drawing cleanup to remove the duplicate items (Note this function is somewhat more robust in latest versions).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:52:51 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/