Author Topic: Wall Clean up issue  (Read 5839 times)

spawnd

Wall Clean up issue
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »
I have four walls at one intersection and a fifth running close (within 2") to the intersection.  The first two walls are intersecting at 90 degrees and next two wall intersect at the same point as the first two but at 45 degrees.  Then to add to the mess I have a short (lenght) wall about 2" from the inside corner of the intersection of the 45 degree intersetion.  I tried to show it below (can't figure out how to pur a pic in yet). The problem is at the intersection of all the walls.  The problem is that it cleans up, BUT when you close and reopen the drawing I have a bunch of red X's (wall error X's) over all five walls.  My question is how do I get this to stop?

Thanks for the help

/
                          /
______________/
                        |\
                        |/\
                        |  \

spawnd

Re: Wall Clean up issue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »
I forgot to add that this is in ADT 2006.

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:05:08 AM »
 We run into this shtuff all the time here.  The only thing that we have found that "sometimes" helps is toredraw the wall from there origin i.e. the intersection out.  this sometime fixes the problem.  If ou can attache a sample dwg. I will help yo look at it.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

spawnd

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:32:43 AM »
The file is attached.  I haven't tried what you said to try yet, but I will.  THanks

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »
I recreated the wall intersection.  I started all of the wall from the intersection, merged them saved, and reopend and it seems to be fine.  Give it a try.  This is the only trick that I found that works.  alot of it has to do with you jamb depths being so small ( no room for casing in thos closets)  We try to keep our jamb depth to a 4" min.

Any who here is what I came up with.

HTH  ADT is very touchy. (I curse it daily)  :-D
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro

deegeecees

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »
Dont have ADT but, PDMODE may be set to 3, so you get X's instead of DOT's for points. Just throwing the proverbial spaghetti on the wall to see if it sticks.

:-)

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 12:54:55 PM »
The X's he is referring to are cleanup errors that ADT  uses to tell you something is fu-messed up.  They are actually circles with x's inside of them.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro

deegeecees

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
OK.

Watching spaghetti drop to floor

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »
OooooOw.  Anywho here is a screeny:
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro

daron

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »
Thanks for the pic. In the wall intersection area, you need to manually override the cleanup radii to 0, not 10"+-. A picture is worth a 1000 right?

In this image, you see the endpoints for three walls: the horizontal, vertical and 45. Notice that the Horizontal and 45 are connected, while the vertical is not. However, they are only off by a couple inches. The other wall, is away from this main point by over 5 inches. The cleanup radii on one or more of these was nearly 10". This is where the problem is and why I drew the circle. The connected walls are cleaning up everything within 10". This includes that offshot wall. When this happens, ADT thinks something is not right and can't figure out how to clean your walls correctly, thus goes into red circle overload. By overriding all the cleanups to 0", or at least something smaller than 4", your walls will cleanup correctly.

spawnd

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
thanks for the help, after I posted this morning one of our autocad guru's came in today and helped fix it...he told me the same thing that you posted here.  Thanks again

daron

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »
No problem. I'm sure someone else will also find it useful. Glad you were able to get it resolved. This problem plagues more people than you think. I know very few people who do understand it. I tend to think one has to have some understanding of ADT's DOM to really be able to figure these things out.