Author Topic: GeoExpress  (Read 5456 times)

M-dub

GeoExpress
« on: April 20, 2004, 03:38:26 PM »
This might not truly belong in this forum, but I thought it needed at least one more topic.
Anyway, has anyone ever used a program called GeoExpress?  I'm currently using GeoExpress View 1.0 for a small project to measure the acreage around our plant.  We got some new photos done last spring and I'm using them to do it.  So far, so good, but what I'm wondering is this:
Can I measure the annotation objects that I place instead of having to use the measuring tool?  I'm drawing boxes around certain areas to have something to print out later, but then I have to go over it again to measure it.  It would be much nicer if I could just look at the properties of the polygons and rectangles, etc to see the area.
Thanks a lot,
Mike

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
GeoExpress
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 03:46:30 PM »
Sorry but I have to ask!! Why are you not doing this in ACAD ??
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dent Cermak

GeoExpress
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 06:13:33 PM »
I assume that your photography has been scale rectified? Otherwise all of your measurements are incorrect. And surely you are using only the very CENTER 20% of the photos....otherwise your measurements are incorrect. Or are you working with controled SLAR images? But then, the nearest acre or two may be close enough.

M-dub

GeoExpress
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 08:06:28 AM »
I would normally use Acad, but the photos are a little easier to read and therefore, more difficult for the contractor to argue with.
The photos are all scaled and everything...obviously, this isn't my area of expertise, but to test it, I measured a few things on the photo and then checked out in the field.  I'm only measuring little pockets of the entire site...anywhere from 1/2 acre to 3 1/2 acres.  It might be off a little bit, but that's alright.  It doesn't need to be right on anyway.  Apparently, we got charged waaaay more than we should have last year for weed control.  These measurements will be going in the PO and given to the sprayers so they don't try to pull another fast one.  Those of you who do this sort of thing everyday would likely do it differently, but this seems to be working pretty well for now.
Thanks guys!

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
GeoExpress
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 08:53:34 PM »
Hey capt.  I use to do INDOT Engineering Assement Reports and I had the state fly aerials for me, There I would bring into CAD and using some GIS to Scale Aerials. now, our state has 2003 color orthos, which are at 1 meter res. with is ok. but they come into a SID format, which is MG2 or MG3 type. Landdesk R3 does work with this.  so just wanted to through that out there
Civil3D 2020