Author Topic: ROAD INTERSECTIONS IN PROFILES  (Read 2738 times)

Baghera

ROAD INTERSECTIONS IN PROFILES
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:55:35 AM »
Is it possible, if I have a "main" street, to have the cross road intersections show up in it's profile.

Ex.

Main street a has 5 cross roads. I would like to automatically show in profile, at the appropriate chainage, where my cross roads lie on the main alignment.

The same for the main st showing up on the cross road profiles.

MMccall

Re: ROAD INTERSECTIONS IN PROFILES
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:23:31 AM »
Try adding a 'station equation' to the alignments at the intersection points. They're supposed to be used for changing the stationing along an alignment but you can add them with no station change and just use them to mark a location. A profile band can pick up these equation location.

They can also include a "comment" as to describe why they are there and the 'help' system (in 06) says that it can be used in a label but I've found no option for adding the comment to the label. (in 06)   I'd really like to know from someone using 07 if this is now possible and/or if there are ofther labels that can access the station equation in a profile.

Another option would be additional geometry points at the alignment intersections.

Baghera

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »
Try adding a 'station equation' to the alignments at the intersection points. They're supposed to be used for changing the stationing along an alignment but you can add them with no station change and just use them to mark a location. A profile band can pick up these equation location.

They can also include a "comment" as to describe why they are there and the 'help' system (in 06) says that it can be used in a label but I've found no option for adding the comment to the label. (in 06)   I'd really like to know from someone using 07 if this is now possible and/or if there are ofther labels that can access the station equation in a profile.

Another option would be additional geometry points at the alignment intersections.

Should have mentioned I'm using 05 (can't wait 'til TPTB actually install C3D).
The station equations work fine with one small blip. When I create my profiles, the chainage under the station equation doesn't get put in. Is this a known issue?

MMccall

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »
The profile view axis labels work for major, minor, beginning and end stations, but not station equations. :-(     However, a profile data band can.  :-)