Author Topic: Title border  (Read 2624 times)

allanp

Title border
« on: April 18, 2004, 04:02:11 PM »
Hi all new to the swamp
very impressed with the forum
I would like to create a new drawing title border can anyone advise the best way to go about it

Thanks
Allan

hyposmurf

Title border
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 05:14:34 PM »
Welcome to The Swamp.You could set your drawing titleblock up as a block,so you can insert it in many drawings,rather than recreating it every time.Also use attributes for your text details such as drawing name, no, and client etc,that way you can simply edit the attributes each time you need a new titleblock.You can also have a plot stamp thts in the corner of your drawing which will update each time the drawing is worked uopn,notifying you of the save loaction and time it was last edited.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Title border
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 08:24:53 PM »
There are many things you can do as well. If you put rtext in the title block where your file name goes, you will never need to update it as it will update every time you open the drawing.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Fuccaro

Title border
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 01:18:43 AM »
Quote from: Keith
If you put rtext in the title block where your file name goes, you will never need to update it as it will update every time you open the drawing.

I used to use this method in the past. But once my drawing was opened on a computer without Express Tools and the Rtext was replaced by a rectangle...

hendie

Title border
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 03:51:58 AM »
Have a look at some of the titleblocks that ship with Autocad. Make a copy and modify/add/delete attributes as required. Mess about with the titleblock until you have one you like.

I'd suggest looking at the supplied ISO titleblocks ~ you will probably have to modify the layout slightly to accommodate your company logo and any disclaimers / notes you wish to include.