Author Topic: Saloon Doors  (Read 5982 times)

spawnd

Saloon Doors
« on: December 18, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »
I am trying to create saloon style doors for a project I am working on and can not figure out how to get the doors to look correct.  I have gotten the double swing doors, but can not get the profile to look correct.  If some one can please help that would be great.  I have surched around and have not been able to find anything.  Thanks

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Saloon Doors
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
I remember a tutorial several years ago about applying a polyline profile to an object to force it to a desired shape (I actually have a shelf and rod using that technique). Let me see if I can find it ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

daron

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:55:29 AM »
Draw the doors as a profile. Draw a 3d block for the frame or hinges or whatever. Create the door style. Use the profile when defining the door type and insert the frame block under display properties. HTH.

spawnd

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
Thanks...I should of thought about that sooner....I have done things like that before but just flat out forgot.  Thanks again

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:04 PM »
I am trying to create saloon style doors...
Doing a lot of projects back in the 1800's are we???   :-o

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »
Create one side of the saloon doors in 3D.  Then block it.  Then in the door style, turn off the door panel under display properties.  Add the block thru custom block (going off memory, don't have ADT anymore).  Then add the block again, modifying the properties to mirror it.

daron

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
No problem. I'm having a relearning myself. Things have changed way too much since the early release that came out with 2002 or 4. I can't remember.
Thanks...I should of thought about that sooner....I have done things like that before but just flat out forgot.  Thanks again

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »