Author Topic: "Tip: AutoCAD's Big Problem"  (Read 10848 times)

Dent Cermak

Re: "Tip: AutoCAD's Big Problem"
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 09:04:40 AM »
Wonder if we have any DCAL gurus here that might could convert the lisp routine for you?  :ugly:

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 09:54:55 AM »
Funny...

I know I had said in another thread that after talking with our civil guys we figured out how to better exchange information.

They are going to wblock just the information we need.

We need their information to be accurate and to make our drawings look pretty.   ^-^

LE

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 10:32:15 AM »
Below is a rubble pattern hatch that "looks" fine at smaller coordinates.  The rubble objects "look" like they close, but as the distance from the origin gets larger and larger the small differences in the angles and distances begin to diverge more and more.  The 5 decimal place wide gap is invisible close to the origin, but 5 million units farther away the gap is now several feet, destroying the display, "look" of the hatch.

Hola Randy;

You can make a call to the command UCS using the Origin option (that it is not documented the directly access):

To define a temporary origin closer to the hatchable area.

Command: UCS
Current ucs name:  *WORLD*
Enter an option [New/Move/orthoGraphic/Prev/Restore/Save/Del/Apply/?/World]
<World>: Origin
Specify new origin point <0,0,0>:

Then, call the hatch command and after that call to the UCS Previous

Or, you can use the SNAPBASE (after autocad 2005, I think the name has changed - do not remember what it is) system variable and define the location closer to the hatchable area.

That's how in most of the cases it will work.

HTH

Dinosaur

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 10:33:09 AM »
Dent, I searched but can't find that routine.  Do you have a copy of it in the Lily Pond?

CADaver

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
Hola Randy;

You can make a call to the command UCS using the Origin option (that it is not documented the directly access):
Or, you can use the SNAPBASE (after autocad 2005, I think the name has changed - do not remember what it is) system variable and define the location closer to the hatchable area.

Hola mi amigo, Como estas?

Thanks Luis, I've used the UCS workaround for some time.  My point was that the problem was not with large coordinates, but with the way hatches were defined.

Another option some may not know is that hatches already placed can be repaired. AFTER changing the UCS, use the properties box to change the hatch scale to itself, IE, if it's 12.375, highlight the number and key in 12.375 and the hatch will rebuild using the current UCS..  MATCHPROP works well for this also.

sinc

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »

Yep, setting a SNAPBASE to something near your site fixes the hatch problem (for all newly-created or edited hatches, anyway).

In newer versions of Autocad, each hatch object has its own origin point.  This origin point can be relative to the center or a corner of the hatch, or it can be any point you pick.  The origin of newly-created hatches is controlled by the HPORIGINMODE and HPORIGIN system variables.

The way I usually use it is to set HPORIGINMODE so that new hatches go in using the HPORIGIN as their origin.  Then I set the HPORIGIN to a point in/near my job site before creating any hatches.  That makes adjacent hatches of the same type to line up with each other, which they don't do if they each have different origins.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:29:05 PM by sinc »

LE

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 12:44:03 PM »

Muy bien, gracias  :-) (doing fine thanks)

Another option some may not know is that hatches already placed can be repaired. AFTER changing the UCS, use the properties box to change the hatch scale to itself, IE, if it's 12.375, highlight the number and key in 12.375 and the hatch will rebuild using the current UCS..  MATCHPROP works well for this also.

Yep... that would work too.... thanks.

CADaver

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 05:24:50 PM »
Muy bien, gracias  :-) (doing fine thanks)

De nada, yo tambien. ;)