Author Topic: An Introduction  (Read 6234 times)

dbreigprobert

Re: An Introduction
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »
Welcome Jason, I know Dana and Nick are also members although they have made very little noise as yet (and they my take that as a string hint).  I am looking forward to having you all share your perspectives in working with Civil 3D.

Ah darn it.  Ok.  I'm here.  Let me introduce myself.  I'm Dana. I like labradors, thunderstorms, Nicky Z's mad VBA skillz and tight topology.

I can't promise to post a lot, but you know where to find me.  www.civil3d.com

jpostlewait

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »
Welcome Jason, I know Dana and Nick are also members although they have made very little noise as yet (and they my take that as a string hint).  I am looking forward to having you all share your perspectives in working with Civil 3D.

Ah darn it.  Ok.  I'm here.  Let me introduce myself.  I'm Dana. I like labradors, thunderstorms, Nicky Z's mad VBA skillz and tight topology.

Dana You can't post a lot?

I introduced you to a maybe diva and you can't post a lot?

As I said about Nick, if Dana answers your question it works.

This place may be a fun place to play as NH may not see this.
At least for a while.

And I can't believe she didn't pimp her blog.

Good + fun.

Civil3drocks.blogspot.com

A great Lady.
At least in a canoe. :lol:

Birdy

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »
Welcome to all of you.
Boy, Dino's gonna be happy :) with all the C3D gurus.
See you at AU

Dinosaur

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 11:58:31 PM »
Oh yeah?  Just post a question about parcels or drawing topology and see how little she posts.  I don't know of anyone with a better handle on how the drawing's topology affects Civil 3D.  Her own blog Civil3dROCKS dot blogspot dot com does just that and is full of fun as well as very sound Civil3D information and advice.  Welcome to TheSwamp Dana, and if you like Nicks VBA programming, don't restrict your browsing to just LandLubber.  There are some of the best CAD programmers to be found anywhere lurking in TheSwamp.
And now I see that Nick got in on the previous page.  I do believe the entire entourage as currently composed has assembled!  I was quite excited many weeks back when I noticed that Nick was testing the Swamp waters and hoped that he may attract some more interest in TheSwamp among Civil3D and Land Desktop community.  It took longer than I had hoped but my lord, the amount of knowledge in making those programs work represented here is astounding.  Welcome to you all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:46:02 AM by DinØsaur »

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »
Wow, lots of new folks coming aboard the good ship, woot!!

Welcome to John P, Nick, Dana, MMccall ... did I miss anyone? Is CIVIL taking over the world? lol.

A round of your favorite beverages on da house!!

Since some folks have disclosed their real name I'll ante up --

Michael Puckett
CADD Janitor/Drudge
LISP/VB/Whatever

:)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Cannon

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
So, who's going to go crash the AUGI boards now.... :evil:

To be honest, I was just bored there. Never understood why AUGI would compete with the official groups. Seems redundant and a poor way of diluting the knowledge pool.

Dinosaur

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »
I haven't visited augi on any regular basis for over 18 months - about the time I was told my posting was "not productive" and therefore not worthy of the storage space it used on their fine system.  That suited me just fine because there was precious little civil stuff being posted (productive or otherwise) after an earlier very messy and poorly handled episode.  There is a bit more activity in evidence lately when I do sneak in, but still a lot more questions than answers after the REAL answer man was banned.

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 01:27:26 PM »
I can't saw I can contribute anything intelligent on the Civil3D side, but I think I do prefer the Civil side. I did get a big kick out of your site.
Quote:
"Your Graphics Card should cost at least as much as your first car."

:lmao:  :lmao:

Welcome!
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

Jason Hickey

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
Nick can't blame James for me coming over - I saw the referring stats from this page to www.civil3d.com and decided to come over and check it out.

I'm just amazed that people think I'm a guru  ;-)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 04:51:17 AM »
belated Welcome to TheSwamp Jason, Dana and Nick.

Hope you enjoy your time wallowing in theswamp

Tracey
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.