Author Topic: ODCL source  (Read 8973 times)

Blikkie

ODCL source
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »
Just saw it in sourceforge: The ObjectDCL source! Unfortunately I have only very basic knowledge of C++ and no VS on my work machine, I'll see if I can prod it wo work tonight.

LE

Re: ODCL source
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
Good and sad for Chad - a lot of work he did and now giving his project just like that, impressive -

I downloaded the zip, and tested and the solution works.... now to make it work for A2007 (unicode)

I saw that it is not including the user interface source - it will be only just the ARX not the interface?

Well, but it is a lot as it is....

THANK YOU CHAD!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:15:16 PM by LE »

LE

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »
Just to mention that the WHOLE project about ObjectDCL is available now, Chad just uploaded ALL the ZIP's today.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:19:35 PM by LE »

nivuahc

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »
Just to mention that the WHOLE project about ObjectDCL is available now, Chad just uploaded ALL the ZIP's today.

Now,
- Who is going to follow up with the project?
- Willing to maintenance the source?
- Adding more features?

Anyone wishing to do either of those things would be advised to post a message saying so to the project discussion forum on Sourceforge. Unless you want to create a fork of the project and maintain your fork separately.

Tramber

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »
Hopefully, the project will turn to a 2007 adaptation project.

...if only I could help.... I would definitly.

deegeecees

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »
Mirror sites are down for the DL as of this post.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
See, that's why this WILL NOT WORK. 

Who here has the time to mange this . . . . ?

I've got VBA singing right now and as soon as I can get Visual Studio Express installed I'm going to develop dot net hybrids!  What Chad did was incredible.  But let this be a lessen to all those right-brain'ers out there (including me): it's all about the money.

I don't know what this post is really supposed to do -

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 09:23:05 PM »
I think you're right jb, it was all about the money, Chad found a niche market and did an excellent job of servicing it with good tools at a fair price. The problem now is that those who do know how to implement and maintain this code either don't need it or are simply not interested.
If it were a simple compile I'm sure there would be a few people who would have a use for it even though they are using ARX (Luis comes to mind) but I don't think it would be that simple.
It is a shame, from what I've seen it was a very good tool.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

LE

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 10:47:21 AM »
I think you're right jb, it was all about the money, Chad found a niche market and did an excellent job of servicing it with good tools at a fair price. The problem now is that those who do know how to implement and maintain this code either don't need it or are simply not interested.
If it were a simple compile I'm sure there would be a few people who would have a use for it even though they are using ARX (Luis comes to mind) but I don't think it would be that simple.
It is a shame, from what I've seen it was a very good tool.

:-)

I think there is something happening in the sourceforge/odcl site.

Thanks for the consideration.... but we have here now, real masters in C++/MFC/ARX ...

whdjr

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »
None of the mirrors work.  Did I miss something or can anybody else access the mirrors?

Can someone else send it to me if they have it?

whdjr

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »
Will,

This   https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=187950

is the ObjectDCL 4, 0, 0, 5 install , but keep in mind it is still under development ... close, but not quite ready yet.

Thanks Kerry.