Author Topic: Network licensing  (Read 1085 times)

madmarv

Network licensing
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:57:41 PM »
I need some help figuring out how many network licenses would be optimal when there are X many people in the office.  Some are dedicated drafters and will likely use AutoCAD all day and others are just open & plot type of people.  I don't have any hard numbers, but in total there are about a dozen or so people that will need to use AutoCAD at some point during the day.

Has anyone come up with a formula or a rule of thumb? 

Marv

Arizona

Re: Network licensing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:47:49 AM »
I would provide the "dedicated drafters" each a networked license since you would not want a loss of production due to lack of software.
However for the viewers/printers of the information, I would provide them with either a "free" viewer or if you can't do that then depending on the quantity of viewing and printing they are required to do I would get one networked license for about every 8-10 viewers. What I would encourage for the viewers is to start with a little less and add additional licenses as necessary. This will give you the opportunity to gauge their usage.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »
anybody that does cad 80-90% of the time gets a dedicated license.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 04:31:10 AM »
Our CAD staff all have a standalone AutoCAD.

The engineering staff who draw have a copy of LT, and everyone has a copy of a DWG viewer so thay can plot.

It would be better if we could have network licences for LT but that isn't possible now.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue