Author Topic: blocks question  (Read 5805 times)

hendie

blocks question
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 03:11:42 AM »
Quote from: Fuccaro
But BlockWerx is a so great program...

fuccaro,
I don't know if you've had much time to play with it yet but just in case...
did you know you can create extra tabs ~ useful to group blocks.
and you can create separate BXL files if you wish, if you do different types of drafting.
the only problem I've had when creating extra tabs is that it automatically adds the new tab to the end of the list, and doesn't display them alphabetically, however, the BXL file is nothing more than a text file with a BXL extension, so you can edit it in Notepad easily.
I've also set the display of my tabs to "Slide" rather than bitmap ~ the display is much clearer. *tip* if you "right-click" on the Tab at the top you get an option for BlockWerx to create ALL the slides in that tab for you automatically ~ it sure saves a lot of time.

hyposmurf

blocks question
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 07:01:37 AM »
I'd be interested to know what you think of it Fuccaro as youre using 2004 to.I used to use the 2000 version and at the time I could imagine some block manager wouldve been better than actually having to create all your own menus and macros to insert the blocks.But now i have the tool palettes would I really need the Blockwerx.

Fuccaro

blocks question
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 12:37:34 AM »
Thank you Hendie, I plan to find a day to play with the BlockWerx. At this time I work on more projects and I also have some ideas to try "things". I plan to write my own block manager application, but I don't know when?
Hypo
Ask me after a week or so...