Author Topic: blocks question  (Read 5806 times)

Fuccaro

blocks question
« on: March 26, 2004, 02:07:08 AM »
In time I created a lot of blocks helping my work. I have drawings containing those blocks and I used the Design Center before. Now on AutoCAD 2004 I try to populate the Tool Palette. I create a palette for each drawing. But I have a lot of drawings. Is it possible to turn on/off the palettes? Depending on the drawing I work on I need  to be available some blocks or others .
I read about various software products for block management but now I can’t obtain money for this. I need a free solution.

hendie

blocks question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 03:47:56 AM »
fuccaro, I don't have any free solutions for you but I would seriously suggest looking at BlockWerx from http://www.cadwerx.net
it's not free but at $50 or so, it shouldn't break the bank.
there is a free working demo (30 days I think) ~ if you downloaded it, you could try it out and show your boss just how much it benefits your work.

Fuccaro

blocks question
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 06:11:30 AM »
Hendie
Before I posted my question I searched a bit on the Net. I read your posts on the CADALOG (I think) recommending the Blockwerx.
Well, I have a solution for the moment and I have 30 days to think about it.

daron

blocks question
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 08:22:07 AM »
Was that a "thanks" or "thanks, but I found a different solution"?

Fuccaro

blocks question
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 08:36:23 AM »
Thank you, I changed my mind and I will try the Blockwerx even if it isn't for free.

hyposmurf

blocks question
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 05:56:44 PM »
Thats something I've been wondering is it possible to load and unload different palettes.Somethings you can do that help is to resize the palettes,use the transparancy feature & use the autohide feature(makes it a hell of alot easier than the palettes getting in the way and interfering with your work)

Hangman

Palettes
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 11:05:28 AM »
I had read in the manual (can you believe it, ...  someone actually does read them.   :D  )  that you can have several palette sets, you just have to have them each in their own folder.  You cannot have two palette sets in the same folder.   With that, you just have to save each palette set to a profile.   When you need a particular palette set with the palette tools you need to use, load the profile.   Unfortunately, you cannot have two or more tool palette sets on the screen.   :(

However, I have not tested this myself as I am not in need of more than one.   :wink:

Fuccaro

blocks question
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 12:14:28 AM »
Sounds nice, Hangman
But BlockWerx is a so great program...

hyposmurf

blocks question
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:47 AM »
I didnt see much support on their website and cant afford to splash £50 for something before Ive seen it

t-bear

blocks question
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 08:18:57 AM »
Smurf....
Look at the 30 trial.  That should give you some idea.  I've been using a great proggy called "Template!", by Caddtech. A little more $$$ but I have thousands of parts in it and it works flawlessly.  look here.

hyposmurf

blocks question
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 02:20:01 PM »
Might have a go and download one,I just get very hesitant at downloading programs I'm not sure of.You can end up with lots of bits left in your registry if you keep adding and removing programs,plus the added bonus of lovely spyware.Sounds like its not a bad bit of software though,as two of you have recommended it so far.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
blocks question
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 02:33:25 PM »
Hell, I just go in periodically and purge my registry...it is not as secretive as MS would have you believe.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

blocks question
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 02:35:24 PM »
What do you use REGCLEAN or do you just go in search for files youve recognised that shouldnt be on your pc anymore?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
blocks question
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 02:40:27 PM »
Whenever I uninstall something, I ALWAYS take the name of the file and variations and search them out in the registry and delete them.
Most often you find them all in HKLM/Software but developers will put them anywhere....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
blocks question
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 02:57:12 PM »
more OT ........
there are many freeware apps that will record your registry state in some form or another. then you install your app and re-run thr registry app and compare the two files(?) then removal, if needed is easy. many apps will remove the stuff for you.

do a search on this site:
http://www.freewarehome.com/

also to backup your registry, i like this littl app.
ERUNT
http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)