Author Topic: Point Coordinates  (Read 2189 times)

ryandk

Point Coordinates
« on: July 27, 2006, 04:38:37 PM »
Keeping it simple.

Say I've made a point.  If I select the point and look at the properties palette it will give me its X and Y coordinates.

All I'm trying to do is create a block (or mvb) that when I drag it in from the design center and select the point, the block will graphically display the coordinates.

I had figured there would be a location or position property set within the default property sets (especially for point objects) but I can't find it.  If you know where it is or have an idea how I could execute my plan I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Lin-Z

Re: Point Coordinates
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33:05 PM »
Have you looked into using attributes with fields?

ryandk

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
I'm not opposed to using an attribute if it would pull the value automatically.  I don't know anything about fields in acad really.  I pretty sure they weren't put in until 2005 and I'm using adt 2004.

Ryan

CADaver

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
DIMORDINATE??

ryandk

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »
Close, I'm just looking for something that would give me both datum values at once.  If I could change the height and layout that would be a huge plus as well.

Thanks
Ryan

Gliderider

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:30:25 AM »
Try this... it might need some modifications to suit your needs. I use it to display Northings and Eastings