Author Topic: VBA Controls Project  (Read 40371 times)

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
Re: VBA Controls Project
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2006, 07:59:18 AM »
Bert,

Download the project, and open up VBAIDE and have a look.  What I tried to do is pattern it after the way ODCL interacted with AutoLISP:  There are only two things going on: functions that control the form (dialog) and 4 functions that interact with AutoLISP: SendCommand (command . . .), EvalLispExpression (myLisp), SetLispVar (setq myVar value), and getLispVar 'myVar.  Once you get your head around the logic of VB(A) it really is very easy.  It took me a little bit to get comfortable (last weekend) and now I'm delving into the WinAPI.  I'm planning on converting as much as makes sense over to straight VBA as time allows.

The best way I learn is to dive in and start codeing - give it a whirl!

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Tramber

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
I'll give a try in 10 tens, that's what I planned.

I hope you are right  :|

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
  • I'm just here for the Shelties.
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2006, 07:21:37 PM »
uh, where do I download the source for this, I didn't see it attached anywhere, thx
James Maeding

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »
never mind, I see them now.  amazing how things hide until you hit the post button!
James Maeding

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2006, 08:43:23 PM »
after looking this code over a bit, I do not see anything where focus is passes to lisp or VBA and back.
The control callbacks end in sendcommands, which fire commands, but do not get back focus after.
ODCL did the focus transfer game really well, and I might say that was what really made it great.
I need to figure this out for VBA hybrids as it might apply to .net too.
James Maeding

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2006, 07:50:56 AM »
Everybody needs to go here:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=483502

and download "UserFormSample" by A. Caddie.  I'm only just beginning to digest it, but it is a good example of the power of the Windows API.  I'll be posting some examples that use the exposed class "sVBA_FormChanger" but I've yet to fully understand it.  :ugly:

Will post something soon.
James Buzbee
Windows 8

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »
That IS some SWEET piece of coding.  I've already implemented it into a couple of my projects.

Matt W

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 04:02:12 PM »
Matt, have you used the transparrency function?  If so how are you graphically controlling it?  I tried the stock scroll bar but now I'm using the Microsoft Slide Control:

I'm assuming this ships with XP and isn't a Word or Excell control??  I'm going to try a little project to mimc a palette - we'll see how well I do!  :ugly:

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
I'm using a popup menu class with two options 'Transparency On' & 'Transparency Off'.  I use a value of 75 when turning on the transparency and a value of 255 to turn it off.

I've modified my "Favorite OSnaps" program to use the transparency which is attached for you to disect.

Enjoy!

Nice color for the dialog.  Kinda looks like what I use!

How's your project coming along??  Got a progress you can post?

Keep up the good work.

Matt W

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »
Attached is a ZIP file that uses the Slider control to control the transparency of a form.

Enjoy!

Matt W