Author Topic: VBA Controls Project  (Read 40389 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: VBA Controls Project
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 06:46:30 AM »
Jürg,
The VLAX.CLS by Frank Oquendo used different Function names, if I recall ..

The great Tony Tanzillo ....

I have to agree, without any reservation.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Jürg Menzi

• Swamp Rat
  • Oberegg, Switzerland
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2006, 07:37:34 AM »
You could be right... I remember me to an unfriendly battle of words in the A'desk ng between Frank and Tony...
A computer's human touch is its unscrupulousness!
MENZI ENGINEERING GmbH
Current A2k16... A2k24 - Start R2.18

LE

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »
The great Tony Tanzillo penned three VBA sub functions: GetLispVar, SetLispVar, and EvalLispExpression.(...)
AFAIK, Frank Oquendo was the author and not his adversary... ^-^
and another point, under some circumstances, this functions doesn't work.

Was that happen back on between 1998 - 2000?.... anyway on that time I had access to the ADN and I got those functions from them, I even remember that FO mentioned something about it.....  :-)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
This was also ported to C# so .NET can access global lisp variables via COM. I think it was called vlax.net

Jürg,
The VLAX.CLS by Frank Oquendo used different Function names, if I recall ..

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 09:05:08 AM »
Bob,

Thankyou soooo much for helping out with this project.  Remember that this is for "educational purposes" so however you want to illustrate the properties and methods of the listview will be fine.  Thanks again!

Jurg,

The functions I posted were written by non other than Tony T.  Franks' VLAX didn't work well in some situations whereas I've had no trouble with the Tony's at all.

To All,

There is a great class posted over on the AutoDESK VBA NG that uses some pretty nifty Win API stuff.  I now have a fully functional re-sizeable dialog - just like ODCL - AND transparency capabilities!  Once I've got a little project finished I'll post . . ..
James Buzbee
Windows 8

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006, 09:50:55 AM »
James

To All,

There is a great class posted over on the AutoDESK VBA NG that uses some pretty nifty Win API stuff.  I now have a fully functional re-sizeable dialog - just like ODCL - AND transparency capabilities!  Once I've got a little project finished I'll post . . ..

It sounds to me like this will do most of what objectdcl can do, correct? I purchased objectdcl but never got around to using it. I know nothing of
vba. I would love to see how these vba controls are put together.

This dog needs to be properly trained...am willing to learn.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

Tramber

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006, 11:04:42 AM »
To be honest, I understand nothing of your conversation guys.

I'm confused to say, but We are in ODCL forum !

I manage ODCL quite well with the time but I copy nothing of your conversation and feel like a stranger.

What I'd like would be a topic with tutorials so that I could follow or another sub-forum where we talk about ODCL alternative !?

Sorry  8-)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »
It sounds to me like this will do most of what objectdcl can do, correct? I purchased objectdcl but never got around to using it. I know nothing of
vba. I would love to see how these vba controls are put together.

This dog needs to be properly trained...am willing to learn.

Gary
Gary and everyone else who is and/or might be interested.  CmdrDuh was running a VBA class that pretty much died out due to lack of interest.  I discussed starting it back up, using this project as the basis and he thought it sounded like a good idea.  Downside is that he's making me help :( but with everything this project is doing, everyone should learn enough about VBA to be able to use forms this way and even to bang out some VBA only routines.

If you are interested in playing along, PM CmdrDuh or me to sign up.

Unless of course, James has a problem with the project being used for the class.

LE

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »
To be honest, I understand nothing of your conversation guys.

I'm confused to say, but We are in ODCL forum !

I manage ODCL quite well with the time but I copy nothing of your conversation and feel like a stranger.

What I'd like would be a topic with tutorials so that I could follow or another sub-forum where we talk about ODCL alternative !?

Sorry  8-)

It is look that ODCL is D E A D... just have a look again into www.objectdcl.com and you will see, that one more time it has an access error.

What these guys are doing is the best move....

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
Well I guess a quick head count is in order.  Also, based on the number of responses, do you guys want to do a self-paced class or non self-paced?  Also, I would like to know everyones comfort level with VBA so I know where we need to start.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2006, 12:45:43 PM »
I like self-paced.  I have very little knowledge of VBA, but I use ActiveX with AutoLisp a lot, which is a little bit like VBA.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Bob Wahr

Head Start
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »
For those who are interested in the class, here are a couple of things to read to get a bit of a jump on things.

Autocad VBA Getting Started Guide.pdf by CmdrDuh

VBA Guide.pdf by BAshworth

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 01:56:31 PM »
And to add to that, Here is where you can post questions.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »
Unless of course, James has a problem with the project being used for the class.

I don't have a problem at all!  In fact I'm all for a class, self-paced or not doesn't matter to me.  I've been all over this VBA stuff - hacking away: I've got re-sizable forms, transparency, class modules, and I have no idea what I'm doing (well, not enough!)

Great job guys!

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Tramber

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2006, 04:29:56 AM »
I know that ODCL is dead....
but beleive me, nothing is clear.

Maybe those like me who ever produced only lisp would appreciate a tutorial for a simple modal form or else. Anything.

You give me links and I thank you but the VBA environnement doesn't frighten me. What I'd like is to write a beginning of a code.

I'm sorry, I'm not native english and I may seem to be unpolte but that puts me in a bad mood.
It is more and more mysterious around here.