CAD Forums > CAD General

Menu Problem

(1/1)

pmvliet:
Hi Everyone!

I have a situation where we have a third party application in an ARX. This ARX automatically loads a partial menu. It seems when I tested it, The ARX Automatically redefines the POP1 location of the menu with the partial menu. Now in reality or at least in our production systems, all it is doing is creating a second POP1 pulldown. So this first POP1 pulldown is the one provided with the application and now in POP2 is the original POP1 "File" pulldown(everything shifted). I would have to go to everyones computer to remove the second "file" and when this application is not run the users won't have POP1 as it has been removed.

I am guess this 3rd party application is suppose to redefine POP1 with thei information and then when their stuff isn't used, put's POP1 back to original.

I am looking to know what I need to do to get a menu to replace an existing POPx? location upon loading and then re-establishing to original once it is removed.

Thanks,
Pieter

Keith™:
To load the pop menu to a specific place use...

--- Code: ---$Pxx=POPyy
--- End code ---

where xx is the LOCATION of the menu and yy is the defined menu to put in that place.
You should also use the menugroup designation to prevent conflicts...
To put the custom pop1 in the pop1 position use this:

--- Code: ---$P1=Custom.POP1
--- End code ---

To reset the acad pop1 use:

--- Code: ---$P1=Acad.POP1
--- End code ---

You can have up to 16 pop menus loaded and showing at one time, but you can also have toggling pop0 menus..

--- Code: ---$P0=Acad.POP16 $P0=* $P0=Acad.POP0
--- End code ---

To understand what is going on with this small part of menu workings, remember...
$Pxx=XXXxxx loads a menu group into a pop menu location
$Bxx=XXXxxx loads a menu group into a button menu location
There are others I will not go into at the moment...
$Pxx=* will display the menu loaded into the location defined by $Pxx
Good luck...

pmvliet:
Thanks Keith!
I will look at this later today. I kind of got it to work but I am not getting consistency. Some work, some don't...it can get so frustrating to do the same thing to different menu's and get different results...
Oh the joys.

Thanks again,

Pieter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version