Author Topic: ADT 2006 to Microstation?  (Read 1063 times)

Russ

ADT 2006 to Microstation?
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »
I need to send some drawings to a guy that uses Microstation and I have no idea what format/file extension microstation uses. Any advice on how/what to convert my .dwgs so that microstation can read them would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about microstation.

Dinosaur

Re: ADT 2006 to Microstation?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:42:33 PM »
Microstation uses the .dgn file extension.  I think though that at least the newer versions can open and work with a .dwg file with no problems.

Russ

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »
Microstation uses the .dgn file extension.  I think though that at least the newer versions can open and work with a .dwg file with no problems.

I'm not sure what version they are using, but it's an older version.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »
Microstation forever has been able to open DXFs so if they have an old enough version of microstation that it won't use DWG, you can go that route.  Microstation has been able to convert[/i] DWGs for quite a while though, so they should be able to use them.  ADT objects might present a problem though, so you might need to explode that kind of stuff before sending.

Murphy

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 08:08:25 AM »
I have been working in Microstation for the past 2 months. Both 7 (J) and v8 can open .dwg files. I don't think the ADT stuff will cause a problem but, send them the ADT file first with a caveat that if it causes problems you will explode the ADT entities and send it again if needed.

I think it will just recognize the ADT file as a 3D file in Microstation.