Author Topic: Offset polyline in ADT 3.3  (Read 15732 times)

Offset polyline in ADT 3.3
« on: February 09, 2004, 09:21:12 AM »
When I Offset polyline in  ADT 3.3 , it creates an inverted semicircle @ the intersections , is there any settings I have to change to fix it ?Does anyone have a solutiion ?

Thanks

Param
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are no hopeless situations in life; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them.

Clare Booth Luce

hendie

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 09:55:48 AM »
dunno 'bout ADT since I've never seen the beast but have you explored the OFFSETGAPTYPE variable ?

daron

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 09:59:01 AM »
I've never seen this problem. Do a regen, type list and select the object. Are you sure it's a polyline?

Dent Cermak

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 01:02:50 PM »
WHEN IT HAPPES IN LDD IT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOME OF THE POINTS REAL CLOSE TOGETHER AND HAVE A "FIT" OR "SPLINE" ATTACHED. tRY PEDITING THE OFFSET LINE TO GET RID OF THE CURLEY-Q.

daron

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 01:06:41 PM »
I can't reproduce it. I tried a pline with an arc with a pline and offset it both ways. No problems.

Spageddie

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 04:27:15 PM »
8) I'de say the issue is with the polyline itself.....Does this happen to anyohter plines ?
If not then check or redraw the pline in question..it may be self intersecting or something along those lines.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 09:46:51 PM »
I have seen this behavior but it is because the object is not a polyline, but instead an ADT object that has generated an error due to the changing geometry. If an object is modfied in ADT that cannot work, ,the points where it cannot work are highlighted with a symbol to notify the user visually that the object will not work.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

param

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 08:15:57 AM »
Thanks everybody for your help.
Eddie was right the problem was with the Polyline itself

Thanks again, Eh!!

Param
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving.

Oliver Wendell Holmes