CAD Forums > CAD General

Anonymous blocks with nested entities...

(1/2) > >>

hudster:
I have a drawing with numerous anonymous blocks with nested entities.

If I explode the blocks the drawing size shoots up to over 2 meg, and bearing in mind this is to be used as an Xref, file size is important.

I've tried to refedit the block to remove the nested layers and linetypes, but as it's anonymous, it won't let me.

How can I rename these blocks away from the "*U001" to a format I can work with?

Keith™:
wblock the selected anonymous block, open the new block, explode the anonymous block, purge and save....re-insert the new wblock in place of the existing anonymous block.

ronjonp:
If you can't get it to work, post the drawing. (work's kinda slow here  :D )

hudster:
I tried wblocking the block out, but when i try to replace the original block, I can't, it gives the following error.

--- Code: ---Command: blockreplace
Select an object with the desired block name...
Select objects: *U0
 Invalid characters in block name.
 The following characters are invalid:
 <>\/":?*|,=`
--- End code ---

I've posted a copy of the Annon Block here.

Keith™:
You won't be able to directly replace the block with that command. The problem is that you cannot use the * as part of a block name.

There are some utilities out there that will change the block from one name to another or you might be able to find the block replace command that is floating about that allows you to replace a single block insert with another.

I have a program that changes the block reference that will work, but it was written to use DXF codes and the user must know what each one is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version