Author Topic: Looking for help with overkill  (Read 1805 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Looking for help with overkill
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »
Ok .. I am having to flatten several 3d solid drawings and would like to remove the several layers of resulting objects ...

The issue is that there are several ellipses that are not being removed by overkill .. the reason is that the starting and ending angles are different, but the geometry looks the same.

My procedure is ...
Set the view needed in the 3d model, align the UCS to the view, copy the objects to clipboard, paste in a new drawing, explode like crazy until nothing more will explode, flatten, flatten again (for some reasone one pass never catches all items), overkill by layer ...

any ideas?
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hmspe

• Bull Frog
Re: Looking for help with overkill
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »
Could you post a sample drawing?  I'm thinking maybe a variant of fastsel.lsp, but I don't have anything to test with -- my work in Autocad is 2D only.  I'd like to see what the entity parameters are.  I drew several 2D ellipses that exactly overlap and all had identical absolute values for the 10, 11, 40, and 42 pairs.

Martin
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman

Sdoman

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 02:06:30 PM »
Keith, if you are using Acad 2007 or newer, you can use the newfangled FLASHSHOT command to flatten and cleanup 3d objects.  Works most excellent.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »
FLATSHOT that is... ;) :)
(Creates a 2D or “flattened” representation of all 3D objects in the current view.)
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Sdoman

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »
Thanks for fixing that typo Crank!