Author Topic: Mulitple Overlaying Survey Points  (Read 4221 times)

elsos

Mulitple Overlaying Survey Points
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »
We're using 2007LDD and one of us has somehow inserted several groups of points into the drawing database that have the exact xyz and description as was already there, but now with new point numbers.  There are like six points overlaying each other, but I just want one point like it should be.

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of these pesky multiple points without physically selecting the extras?  We have about 3000 extras in the drawing now :-o.  It is a project that has been ongoing for a few years, so we have quite a few points in it, and survey crews are adding more as the job progresses.

thanks! -Eric

LE

Re: Mulitple Overlaying Survey Points
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:13:03 AM »
Here is a link for a lisp routine.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4514639

See if helps...

elsos

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:47:41 AM »
Thanks for the tip.
However it doesn't access the database, just the drawing.  I'll keep looking.
-Eric

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Can you export the resulting points to a new point database for your project to replace the inflated one?

elsos

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:57:09 AM »
Yes, that was my other option.  I was hoping for a more better solution, but I'm taking too long on this...just can't seem to let go of it I guess :)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:13:21 AM »
Just start a new drawing in the problem project. Insert All points to it. Run the lisp to delete the duplicates. Run the Checkpoints command to Modify the Project, "Delete all points not in current drawing". Pack the Point database. Open any other drawings in the project that contain points. Run the Check Points again. This time select Modify Drawing and select remove from drawing.

No, it's not automatic but it would accomplish what you are after.

elsos

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »
Yep, that is probably the best method!
-E

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:22:42 AM »
I would suggest,
That you use File>>Export to SDF to get the data into an SDF file,
Then Import that SDF file (points) into MAP,
Then use the Map>>Tools>>Drawing Cleanup function to delete the duplicates, and Save the File
Open a NEW Drawing, attach the file saved in the above and query the points to a Report file.
You will need to import that file into an Excel worksheet and Save As to CSV to strip out the additional bogus data that MAP seems to add to the TXT file. Then Rename the CSV to TXT and Then you can Import the Point File back into Civil 3D with the duplicates now gone.

If you or the Company needs some assistance with this or any or the MAP/Civil 3D functions I will be back in Phoenix next week.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:28:54 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

elsos

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »
I would suggest,
That you use File>>Export to SDF to get the data into an SDF file,
Then Import that SDF file (points) into MAP,
Then use the Map>>Tools>>Drawing Cleanup function to delete the duplicates, and Save the File
Open a NEW Drawing, attach the file saved in the above and query the points to a Report file.
You will need to import that file into an Excel worksheet and Save As to CSV to strip out the additional bogus data that MAP seems to add to the TXT file. Then Rename the CSV to TXT and Then you can Import the Point File back into Civil 3D with the duplicates now gone.

Thank you, that may work, but wow, that's alot of activities to be doing. I have used the method that Jeff mentioned, and it is a lot cleaner of an approach. I just need to stop putting off the learning to program thing!  I bet there is a way to modify the lisp that LE offered to access the database.

-E

LE

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:49:11 AM »
Thank you, that may work, but wow, that's alot of activities to be doing. I have used the method that Jeff mentioned, and it is a lot cleaner of an approach. I just need to stop putting off the learning to program thing!  I bet there is a way to modify the lisp that LE offered to access the database.

-E

To bad, I do not have LDD, and do not know much of databases.... I did a function in C++/ARX to delete duplicate points from the drawing base (container).... but it is for normal autocad point objects.

I saw in the ldd ng, a ling to robert stelman (sorry for the last name) about an utility for that or maybe was from cadapps.... those two are not a free stuff btw.

John Mayo

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »
After you run the lsp routine to remove dups, run Check Points & modify the project to match the drawing.

John

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
Yes,  I agree it is a lot of steps; sadly most of them are required because Autodesk has failed to ensure interoperability of MAP with the Civil 3D objects, and it's ability to write a TXT file without including extraneous HEX data in the output file.

However I have tested it here and the process does work, for those of you with C3D and MAP.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/