Author Topic: License Borrowing  (Read 2001 times)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
License Borrowing
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:59:35 AM »
Is it easy to set up license borrowing for ACAD? (and is it possible in Microstation)

The laptop that my workplace has bought has arrived. It is sitting in the IT dept until they can figure out how to give me access to the license to borrow one.

Can someone let me know how to set this up.

Many thanks
Tracey
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Arizona

Re: License Borrowing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »
Is it easy to set up license borrowing for ACAD? (and is it possible in Microstation)
For microstation, I believe that you must be using the Select XM server. It appears that if this server is in place it will even manage V8 licenses as well.

pmvliet

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »
In AutoCad it's called "Portable license utility" and it has it's own start-up icon in the Autocad 2007 menu start-up area. it worked pretty good as I've used it to move my license around. The only bad thing is that it is the real license that gets moved, so you need to get it back. In your situation, it's only you so that is good. ie: if you gave it to comeone and they decided not to give it back, you not going to be a happy camper.

Microstation, as Lori said with select server you can do it. I'm not sure about another way though

Pieter

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »
Thanks Pieter/AZ most helpful :-)

I'll have words with the IT dept tomorrow and see what they can do for me
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.