Author Topic: Need a LISP for selecting lines in blocks based on length  (Read 901 times)

neeboy

Need a LISP for selecting lines in blocks based on length
« on: May 10, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
I am in need of a LISP program for batch editing some blocks.  In any given file, there are many blocks that have some line entities that are the same length and orientation across all the blocks.  When I get these blocks, everything is one color and on one layer. 

At minimum, I'd like the ability to select all the lines of a given size across several blocks in one drawing file so I can reassign that selected group to a specified layer in one shot/give them all the same color.  If physical orientation can be filtered, that'd be a nice bonus!

I have seen routines that do this nicely by prompting for a minimum and maximum lengths....but these routines do not work for blocks. 

I think it's definitely possible, I have several programs that can reach into multiple blocks and change attribute values, so I hope the same can be done for simple object selection. 

Feel free to quote me a price; this project may require a revision or two, and if I really like your solution I may pay for more projects in the near future.  Thanks in advance!