Author Topic: Got my First!!!  (Read 1884 times)

craigr

Got my First!!!
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
I just got a dwg file from another contractor that has the 'Educational Stamp' in it.

I have read about this in the past, but never seen it.

AutoDesk REALLY lets you know the file was save with an Educational version at one time.

I was surprised by the 2 messages when opening the file. A salesman even said that the Autodesk Viewer gives the message.

I wonder if the person using the Educational Version gets a warning before saving a 'commercial version' to an 'eductional version'.

We will be contacting the contractor to ask for a version without the 'stamp' in the file.

craigr

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Got my First!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »
Use caution with that DWG!
See These Topics
I use the 'True Convert' program on all new DWGs to alert me BEFORE I use them!
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

craigr

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »
I won't be using that dwg.

I am sending an email to the supplier informing him that I need a legitemate version.

I was just kinda tickled that I finally got to see what so many have talked about in the past.

craigr

Bob Garner

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
And you get to watch the contractor squirm when you advise him that your computer automatically reported him to that software piracy alliance or whatever it is.

craigr

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »
And you get to watch the contractor squirm when you advise him that your computer automatically reported him to that software piracy alliance or whatever it is.

Seriously, does it really do that?