Author Topic: finished grade surface not coming through in quick profile  (Read 1860 times)

drizzt

finished grade surface not coming through in quick profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:11:15 PM »
I need to do a quick profile with eg and fg. I have done this a hundred times in this drawing, using the same style, but now, I can't get the fg to come through in the quick profile. I tried turning on and thawing all layers. I checked that the fg still has a min elevation and a max elevation.

Any ideas

drizzt

Re: finished grade surface not coming through in quick profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
k. I just tried to create another alignment with a surface profile, and it doesn't come through.

drizzt

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
I did an audit on the file, now I can see the fg in profile, but I noticed that in prospector, my surface doesn't have any breaklines, but the surface doesn't appear to have changed.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 03:10:39 PM »
I need to do a quick profile with eg and fg. I have done this a hundred times in this drawing, using the same style, but now, I can't get the fg to come through in the quick profile. I tried turning on and thawing all layers. I checked that the fg still has a min elevation and a max elevation.

Any ideas
can I have a copy of said file PRIOR to the audit, yet still exhibiting the issue?

Is this file part of the other file or data that you sent me a part of the other day?
If yes...beware it is about to or already has a herd of MOOs wanderin' around in it.
Your data is about to get trampled in a stampede!!!

Is not at least one of these surface a data reference?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
1st, after the audit, some of the breaklines from the corridor didn't save, I had to add breklines for some of the ditches.

I no longer have the file after the audit, as I updated it and used it as the current file. I do have the old file. see attached

is this file part of the other file or data that you sent me a part of the other day?
yes, same file

no surfaces are data references. I just learned how to do that and will use them in the future.