Author Topic: AutoCAD 2012 deployment witchcraft and sorcery help  (Read 1872 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
AutoCAD 2012 deployment witchcraft and sorcery help
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:09 AM »
Not sure if this is the write section:

We are currently swapping over to AutoCAD 2012 form AutoCAD 2008.

I've created an AutoCAD 2012 deployment for the main office in which i work in.  No problems there. All deployments completed, job done.  We have about 4 "site" offices dotted around the city and county with about 40 users spread across that area.  There internet & server link is very poor & unreliable in some of those offices.  Those offices are pointed to licence servers here and to date it has worked succesfully as the licence validation does not require a quick connection.

without having to create a new deployment each time, can i modify the exsiting 2012 deployment such as the .ini files etc.(after dropping it onto the local servers over a weekend) to trick the deploment into thinking its installing from where it should be.  I read somewhere that it was possible for 2008 deplyments but for the life of me i cannot locate the web page.  I know there is a modify deploment utitliy but i'm trying to avoid that if possible as remoting to PC's and servers in some of these sites is a pain in the arse

Any help in this would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: AutoCAD 2012 deployment witchcraft and sorcery help
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
You should not need to 'trick' the deployment at all.
The deployment will install on the local PC, and they will know to go their licenses from the server as if they were in the same building.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/