CAD Forums > CAD General

How do you issue your drawings?

(1/3) > >>

hyposmurf:
We usually issue in DWG format,sometimes use PDF documents.The etransmit way means your client will have all the files he needs to plot the files,but I just find it messy way to issue drawings.It will bundle all your DWG files together with your additional CAD files,but alot of non CAD proficient clients are just going to get dammed confused looking at that.Ive taken to using etransmit,then seperating the DWG files out from the additional CAD files.That way a client can look at his DWG files and if hes clued up enough or sends them to his CAD department for printing he'll have everything he needs.You can also create a exe file,but I personally dont like the idea of receiving something thats self extracting,would rather set it up myself,so I dont send them.
I ran out of options in the poll wouldve liked to have DWF and DWG seperate. :roll:

TR:
It's up to the customer for us. Some want dwgs, some want pdfs, some want tifs (for what reason I don't know) and the rest get dwfs if they don't specify a file format they want emailed. However customers only get electronic copies if they request it on the purchase order, otherwise they get hard copies only.

whdjr:
All Hardcopies here.
We don't release cad files for liability reasons, and because we spent all the time and money to produce them.  We don't want some subcontractor copying our work and then blaming us because it didn't work.

CADaver:
All our clients own the DWGs, that's what they get.  We use Etransmit, and strip out much of the extra stuff.

Keith™:
We send hard copies as a rule,  occasionally we send a PDF, DWF, or DWG .. it all depends upon the client. But I would suspect for most electronic transmittals we use PDF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version