Author Topic: Replace connected 3dPolylines end to end as one LWpoly  (Read 1493 times)

Coder

• Swamp Rat
Replace connected 3dPolylines end to end as one LWpoly
« on: April 28, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
Hello,

I have a few groups of 3Dpolylines connected to each others ( end to end ) and I would like to convert each connected objects to LWpoly as one.

I don't know how to iterate through the selection set and group each connected 3dpolys to replace them with one LWpoly at the end so I hope someone could help me with this urgent routine.

Thank you in advance.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Replace connected 3dPolylines end to end as one LWpoly
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »
Unless all of your 3D polylines are coplanar, you will not be able to convert them to an LWPolyline object, which is a planar object.

Here is an old program of mine for joining 3D Polylines, but the result will be a 3D Polyline:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=43091.msg483188#msg483188

Coder

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
Unless all of your 3D polylines are coplanar, you will not be able to convert them to an LWPolyline object, which is a planar object.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Correct but I need to get the two end points then create the LWpoly regardless of the Z coordinates.

Coder

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:25 AM »

Here is an old program of mine for joining 3D Polylines, but the result will be a 3D Polyline:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=43091.msg483188#msg483188

Sorry I did not notice your edit of your replay.

Great, your program helps a lot and that 3Dpoly also works with me.  :yay!:

Thank you Lee so much.