Author Topic: Excluded Points Still Included?  (Read 2222 times)

dfarris75

Excluded Points Still Included?
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
I have a few points that I'm trying to exclude from my point group and surface, yet after excluding them from the point group they are remaining part of the surface. Now I'm willing to bet there's a minor detail I've forgotten or something so please, someone, jog my memory.

Dinosaur

Re: Excluded Points Still Included?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
Did you APPLY the changes to the point group definition?
and
Did you UPDATE the point group?
and
Did you REBUILD the surface?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
I have a few points that I'm trying to exclude from my point group and surface, yet after excluding them from the point group they are remaining part of the surface. Now I'm willing to bet there's a minor detail I've forgotten or something so please, someone, jog my memory.

To be sure verify that the points you do not want are not also shown on the include tab.
I know that seems wise@&&ed, however you would not believe the number of times that user hit the INCLUDE ALL button and then attempt to Exclude some points. And well C3D just can't do that.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
Hmm. Had to rebuild it manually even though the rebuild automatic is checked... :?

sinc

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
I've seen that.  C3D doesn't always detect changes that affect surfaces, and doesn't always flag them as "dirty".  It also likes to flag them as "dirty" when nothing has changed.

It's just trying to keep you on your toes...  :-)

dfarris75

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »
It must be because it just crashed on me and it failed to create the recover file so now I must redo some work I already done done. :realmad:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
It must be because it just crashed on me and it failed to create the recover file so now I must redo some work I already done done. :realmad:

Yes, and now you will do it faster because you had practice.

You know maybe I've been looking at these crashes in the wrong way, we all owe autodesk for making us faster because we have to repeat tasks when it crashes on us and loses our work. :lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
And perhaps the true roi lies therein. :laugh: