Author Topic: Automatic Bevel Creator  (Read 3636 times)

Dr. After

Automatic Bevel Creator
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
Anyone know of just a simple little diddy that could make a simple little bevel when selecting a line through an mview?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Automatic Bevel Creator
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:21:15 AM »
need a little more info on what your trying to do
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Dr. After

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:23:07 AM »
need a little more info on what your trying to do

hmmm....

Let's say I have a layout with an mview on it.  In that mview I have a line that is not vertical or horizontal.  I would like to be able to click a button or type a command that would prompt me to select two points or a line.  Then when I select those points or line, I would like it to create something like this:

I would like to be able to have a consistent end result that I could tweak to look like my dimensioning and such.  But right now I have nothing, so anything would be better.  And after doing a bit of searching, I came up empty and was wondering what was out there.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
OK, now we have something.  First question, is it always angled such that the rise is less than the run?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Dr. After

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
OK, now we have something.  First question, is it always angled such that the rise is less than the run?

Nope.  And it could be running upwards, downwards, leftwards, rightwards, sidewards, forwards, backwards, aroundwards, ...  just not flatwards.  Really I just need it to read a 2D line running in any direction.  It would be nice to be able to chose which side of the line the bevel would be on and have an option for if an extension line were necessary.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »
what about scale? do you need to consider dimscale for the text height and offset for extension lines

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
DDSlope

Try this one
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

Dr. After

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 09:20:01 AM »
what about scale? do you need to consider dimscale for the text height and offset for extension lines

This will all be in paper space, so a common size would be fine.  1/8" letters and large enough to make it ledgeable.

Dr. After

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »
DDSlope

Try this one

Nice!  I like the user interface.  I will need it to have stacked dimension though...  Also it doesn't draw both lines for the right triangle, but instead draws two lines on the 12 side.

So this one doesn't work, but is darn close to working right.