Code Red > VB(A)

VBA and Databases

(1/3) > >>

M-dub:
Hey all,
   I'm trying to follow the tutorial on Afralisp but I'm stuck...I keep getting the error message.  I don't know what he's talking about when he says "(If you have problems when writing or running this projects, ensure that the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library is selected in your VBA References.)".  Which VBA References?  Where?  (stop laughing!)

I need some help...(as if you hadn't guess that yet!:roll:)...Back to the ol' attribute extraction problem.  I've done some hunting and searching, which led me to Afralisp, but is there some kind soul out there who could give me an added personal touch?   :wink:  :oops:

I'm looking to go back and forth between AutoCAD blocks and Access / Excel...what should I do?  Where should I look to figure it out on my own?

Thanks folks!

Jeff_M:

--- Quote from: M-dub ---Hey all,
   I'm trying to follow the tutorial on Afralisp but I'm stuck...I keep getting the error message.  I don't know what he's talking about when he says "(If you have problems when writing or running this projects, ensure that the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library is selected in your VBA References.)".  Which VBA References?  Where?  (stop laughing!)
--- End quote ---
In the VBA IDE go to Tools->References and select the DAO 3.6 reference.

--- Quote ---  I need some help...(as if you hadn't guess that yet!:roll:)...Back to the ol' attribute extraction problem.  I've done some hunting and searching, which led me to Afralisp, but is there some kind soul out there who could give me an added personal touch?   :wink:  :oops:
--- End quote ---
:choke: is that personal enough?  :mrgreen:

--- Quote ---  I'm looking to go back and forth between AutoCAD blocks and Access / Excel...what should I do?  Where should I look to figure it out on my own?
--- End quote ---
I figured it out from the sample files/projects that came with ACAD and perusing the Adesk newsgroups and www.cadvault.com (formerly vbdesign.net)

Jeff

hendie:
one problem area is getting the connection string right... have you managed to connect to the database successfully ?
isn't there a different dao version dependant upon which version of Acad you're using  ~ I can't remember.

Slim©:

--- Quote from: M-dub ---Hey all,

I need some help...(as if you hadn't guess that yet!:roll:)...Back to the ol' attribute extraction problem.  I've done some hunting and searching, which led me to Afralisp, but is there some kind soul out there who could give me an added personal touch?   :wink:  :oops:

I'm looking to go back and forth between AutoCAD blocks and Access / Excel...what should I do?  Where should I look to figure it out on my own?

Thanks folks!
--- End quote ---

M-dub,

Why not ask Kenny Ramage, after all he is the guy that wrote the tutorial?

M-dub:
I kinda sorta got it working...
They've got a little VB course going on once a week at the office, so that, I'm sure, will help.  I think that if I'm eventually able to figure out how to do it, I'll find all kinds of uses around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version