Author Topic: AGTEK to C3D?  (Read 4524 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
AGTEK to C3D?
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »
Can anyone tell me if and how I can get Agtek earthwork calc. contours into Autocad? I've searched the web and the Agtek website is darn near useless. I've never used Agtek, but most, if not all, of the contractors around here use it for earthwork calcs and for GIS grading operations. It would be nice to be able to bring their data back into my site drawing for As-Built contours but not one of their operators can figure out how to do it.....but they can take MY drawing and plug it right into the Agtek program......

thanks,
Jeff

Dinosaur

Re: AGTEK to C3D?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »
Do you know what type file the program will export?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:31:46 PM »
Nope, the *tech* over there can't even figure that out. I'm trying to get them to have me come over to peruse their manuals/files. Hopefully tomorrow.....

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:48:18 PM »
It would be a happy accident if it is just a simple text coordinate file with a weird extension, but probably too much to hope for.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »
Well, on my way to their office this morning I got a phone call saying that "Charlie" would be out until after lunch. So I head back to the office to wait. While waiting I see an email arrive from "Charlie".....it is 3+Mb so I get a bit anxious to see what it is. Lo and behold, they finally decided to call Tech Support for Agtech and they walked them through saving to a DXF file! And since I had given them the topo as a DWG file I crossed my fingers that the coordinate system was still intact........insert DXF at 0,0 and YEEHAW!!!! It worked flawlessly!

So now they are happy that they learned something new and I am happy I didn't have to go show them how to use their software AND I got what I wanted. :-D